Tim is setting out on a momentous journey.
For more than 20 years, he hasn’t seen his biological father. Today, he shares his plan to go on a trip, meet with him again, and have an adult conversation with him.
Listen today as Tim tries to understand his parents, recounts some early memories that shaped him as an adult, and discusses the reasons behind his decision to reconnect with his father.
“I’m worried and concerned that, as much as I love my parents, both of them lack the ability to have deep and nuanced conversations about topics of mental health because that’s not how they were raised.” – Tim Castleman
Some topics that were discussed include:
- Going on a 25-hour journey to meet a loved one
- Losing control of the situation
- Parent’s upbringing and the connection with mental health
- The DNA of dysfunction
- Early positive memories
- Taking precautions to avoid disappointment and hurt
- Capability for deep conversations
- Worrying about dogs misbehaving on trips
- The importance of going out of your comfort zone
- What will be shared on the next podcast
Review Tim Talks
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of Tim Talks! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!